Friday, April 11, 2008

You Just Call Out My Name...

"And you know wherever I am, I'll come running to see you again." Once again, James Taylor, you have come to my aid. It may be true that I'm going on three hours of sleep and that I'm at work (which is NEVER a good place to be) but I just wanted to write a quick note about how blessed I am. I moved to this city knowing a couple of people. Amazing people. People that I probably wouldn't have made it through my first year without. But as soon as I got a solid footing here, I made more friends that I could have dreamed. (And kept the old...just like the good song tells us...remember?? from like 5th grade? Make new friends...but keep the old ones....one is silver while the other is gold....I digress.) And I can't be more grateful for the people in my life right now. The amazing thing about all of these people...they're all so different.
Friendship in New York is on such a revolving door basis. Though you come and go as you're ABLE, not as you please. You have to build an understanding and patience for friends in this city. And there's also an immense amount of effort it takes to really harvest a deep, true relationship with another person here. Burroughs, trains, jobs, LIFE---all factors. And dividers, honestly. And you've just gotta keep on truckin'. And keep on understandin'.

"True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity before it is entitled to the appellation."
- George Washington

1 comment:

Paul said...

You get deep when your tired... I'm on the other side of the revolving door right now, but when I'm back we'll pick up were we left off:)