Monday, September 1, 2008

I'd Rather Be Sailing...

"on an open sea..." Okay, so I didn't go sailing yesterday Labor Day weekend. I went boating. And had such a good time. I went with Spence and Brian.uk.gov.edu :)
A lot has happened since I last blogged. I was goin to type I hate that we created a verb--'blogging'....but I guess at one point in time, every verb was created. Why not continue the tradition. It's growth, right? ...
Anyway, in my last blog I was sitting at work (Chelsea Studios). Thank goodness, I was fired from that hell hole and I've just been catering for the past few months. Not only that, but I moved out of the Washington Heights apartment and into Sunnyside, Queens...I can't explain how happy I am in my living situation.Kaitlin (one of my two roommates) has a teacup Yorkshire terrier named Ella. And we're obsessed with each other.
That's right. Obsessed.

OH! And I finally bought a computer....at the ripe old age of 25. I am now becoming an adult. Well, as soon as I start making my payments on it. HA....and my student loan. Yikes.

Right now, my family is in Texas evacuating from Hurricane Gustav.

It brings me back to when Hurricane Rita hit a couple of years ago. I was living in San Antonio at the time. I am leading such a completely different life from where I was then. It's crazy to me how quickly and dramatically life can change.
Things are good for me right now. I'm in a really good place.


"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power." Alan Cohen

No comments: