Monday, September 22, 2008

Oh What a World My Parents Gave Me...

"always, travelling...but not in love; still I think I'm doin' fine."
I always forget how much I love Rufus Wainwright. I always liked his Poses and self-titled album, but Want One and Want Two are such freaking brilliant albums. Which makes me think of other albums that I think are PERFECT. 


Regardless of genre, each album (to me) are just perfectly crafted for what the artist was trying to create. 
Speaking of creating, I am at a standstill. And have been for quite some time now. Someone recently gave me this saying and it sadly describes me: "I am a non-practicing artist." I sing, yet do not perform. I act, yet haven't been on a stage in a very long time. I am a writer, with no finished work to submit. 
I brought my laundry in today...does that count for anything?!...No? I didn't think so either.
Enough complaining...

I'm watching Roseanne right now. I was never allowed to watch it when I was younger. My mom thought she was crass and taught bad family  values. But watching it now, I see how GOOD this show was. Yes, they might be lower class and make low brow jokes about burping and other bodily functions. And yes, she may joke about killing the kids and the kids are disrespectful in response. But...it's real. The characters DO love each other so much and I love watching their interaction. Though we weren't trashy, my family and I definitely had/have such a good relationship and we joke/kid around with each other incessantly. Roseanne really put it out there with a family sitcom about complete comfort with the family unit. I don't know...maybe I'm analyzing it too much, but I think it's great. And it makes me laugh and touches me more often than not. 

"The mark of a good action is that it appears inevitable in retrospect." 
--Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments: