Friday, September 5, 2008

"I've Got to Get Back..."

"to the house at Pooh Corner by one." 
Kenny Loggins, you tore me up when you wrote that song. Brought me back to these days:


This blog is in response to Brian.net's blog about his favorite childhood cartoons. In my opinion, he did an okay job bringing back some great shows, but really missed the mark by omitting some.  :):)

For instance,


I think I loved it so much because my parents kept a pretty extensive library when we were little (now it's cluttered with awful Sue Patterson and Nicholas Sparks books), and among them was this huge anthology of Grimms Fairy Tales. I was OBSESSED with the fact that so many scary and bad things happened in them. Not at ALL what adults were portraying fairy tales to be. I felt like a rebel, and more so, I felt like I knew something others didn't. So when they came out with a cartoon!? Done and done.



Here's a REALLY good one that until JUST NOW, I couldn't remember the name. I always just refer to it as "that show with the koala bear and screaming lizard'. NO ONE ever remembers this show. But I loved it. The Noozles!!!! Partly, because it was entertaining....and PARTLYYYYYY....because of what came on after it.


Drum roll please...

My favorite show and one of the best theme songs EVER:


David the Gnome. OH MY GOSH. I was obsessed. His fox, Swift. And he and his wife kissing with their noses! And the mean trolls.

And of course, Gummi Bears, Heathcliff, Inspector Gadget, & Scooby Doo were all pretty awesome too.

But, I must say, Brian.edu mentioned Shirt-Tales and other people commented "Oh yeah, Shirt-Tales..." "loved that show"....
I have never heard of it and I don't know what the hell that show is. Weird.

Anyway, I just looked up and saw that somehow when I was channel surfing, I left it on a cartoon channel. The crap kids are watching today....it just makes me mad. Terrible crap. 

Not all progress is growth in a positive direction.  -- Me. 

"Childhood: the period of human life intermediate between the idiocy of infancy and the folly of youth - two removes from the sin of manhood and three from the remorse of age. "
-- Ambrose Pierce

"Childhood is measured out by sounds and smells and sights, before the dark hour of reason grows." --John Betjeman




1 comment:

Jeremy Hunt said...

Matthew Ravey! I saw your blog address through Facebook. How the heck are you?!? It sure made my day to see your smiling face again!

So on to business.....I, too, loved David the Gnome and used to pretend that I had a rockin' tree house like he did :)